Terms and Conditions
We have our terms and conditions for the avoidance of doubt and to keep things fair so you know what you are signing up to . Organising events represents a considerable up front investment so in order to ensure that we continue to do this in the future our Terms and Conditions are here to make things clear.
- Go Beyond Challenge Limited are the sole organisers of the event unless stated otherwise. The definition of the organiser can include: the event organiser, the event team, independent contractors , officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, and all of their directors, employees, representatives and agents.
- The event refers to any event listed on the website www.gobeyondchallenge.com
- The entrant refers to the individual or team that has entered an event sometimes referred to as the “competitor”
Conditions of Entry –
- By entering an event the entrant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions
- It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that the contact information provided is accurate and up to date
- If a competitor elects to take a charity entry then they agree to raise the minimum fundraising amount and set up a fundraising page and share those details with the chosen charity. They accept that they will be withdrawn from the event if they fail to provide the necessary information or do not reach the fundraising target to the satisfaction of the chosen charity.
- Events by their very nature are physically demanding so by entering an event the entrant confirms that they are capable of taking part and that the organsiers cannot be held responsible for any injury or illness as a result of their participation.
- By entering an event the entrant declares that they are an amateur according to UK Athletics and British Triathlon Federation rules.
- The entrant waives and discharges from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, loss or damage of property, and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind connected either directly or indirectly with the event.
Confirmation of Entry –
- You will receive an email confirming entry to an event from our on line booking providers to an email address you have provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that this is accurate and to monitor spam/junk folders if the email is not received directly
- It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that the information provided is accurate and up to date.
Competitor Withdrawal –
- There is a zero refund policy in respect to withdrawals through injury or any other reason prior to or during a race.
- Competitors may transfer their race place to a following year’s event or to another event providing that the deferment fee (and any other associated race fee cost differences) are paid in full. If the race has a lower value no reductions in the deferment fee will be offered.
- A fee of £7.50 will be payable to defer an event place any time up to two weeks before the event. No deferral will be offered less than two weeks before the event date.
- Only one deferment is available for any entry
Transfer of Entry to a third party –
- Under no circumstances can race entries be transferred to another competitor.
- Any competitor found to be using another competitors race entry will be denied entry to that event
- The event organisers have the absolute discretion in the award of prizes, prize money or awards
- Prizes must be collected on the day.
- Prizes can be posted after the event at the sole risk and cost of the recipient
Entrants Information –
- The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and image in any format to be used without payment in broadcast, digital and social media, communication, promotion or advertising. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used for the purpose of promoting future events or race sponsors, products and services.
- The entrant agrees for their name to be included in the race results and in the race day report in either paper or digital format
- If the entrant commits to a charity entry then they agree that their contact information can be shared exclusively with the said charity.
Refusal of Entry –
- Go Beyond Challenge Limited reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry to any entrant at their discretion.
Force Majeure –
The organiser is not responsible for any failure to perform its obligations under this contract, if it is prevented or delayed in performing those obligations by an event of force majeure. Events of Force Majeure shall include, but not be limited to:
- fire, chemical or radioactive contamination or ionising radiation, earthquakes, lightning, cyclones, hurricanes, floods, droughts or such other extreme weather, environmental conditions, unanticipated geological or ground conditions, epidemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God;
- acts of war (whether declared or undeclared), invasion, acts of terrorists, blockade, embargo, riot, public disorder, violent demonstrations, insurrection, rebellion, civil commotion and sabotage;
- strikes, lockouts, work stoppage, labour disputes, and such other industrial action by workers
- any legal prohibition on the Organsier’s ability to conduct their business, including passing of a statute, decree, regulation or order by a Competent Authority